Sunday 6 November 2011

Currently loving :)

It's that time again, and I have to say there are quite a lot of new things I am currently loving- which I think makes a nice change (as so often I'm stuck in a bit of a make up rut)

Starting with the make up items:

17 Blusher in Damson Wine, e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in Ripe Rose
and 17 Va Va Voom mascara in black/brown.

I don't usually bother with changing my make up for the seasons- I generally just go with whatever I feel like wearing, but in the past month I've discovered a new love for rosy and berry toned shades- I think they quite suit my pale complexion (I can have the whole 'English Rose' thing going on) and they are nice and seasonal too.

17's  Damson Wine blusher is beautiful- it looks quite dark in the pot, but it comes out as a lovely rosy colour- it's not quite matte as it has a slightly satiny finish, and perhaps a small amount of teeny tiny shimmer particles. e.l.f.'s Ripe Rose mineral lipstick is similarly rosy-toned, again it looks darker in the bullet but applies more subtly; a great shade that gives my lips some life!


Swatches: Damson Wine blush and Ripe Rose lipstick.

I've only had my new mascara for nearly 2 weeks, but I absolutely LOVE it. It makes me wonder how I used a plastic brush for so long- the long and densely packed bristles really grab every lash and volumise my lashes, and the drier formula holds a curl nicely. Needless to say I'm planning a full review to be posted next week :)


e.l.f. Cream Eyeshadow in Dawn.

Natural Collection eyeshadow in Milk Chocolate.


I've been using my cream eyeshadow a lot recently- it's been a busy few weeks and this is great to apply in a hurry! (e.l.f. have brought out some new shades of cream eyeshadow so I may have to make an order) I love Dawn- it's a lovely taupy shade with golden shimmer, I use it over my e.l.f. primer as a wash of colour (with a little more concentrated in the crease) and because of the shimmer and buildability of the eyeshadow it actually looks like I might have used several different shadows! Another eyeshadow I've used a lot is the Natural Collection solo in Milk Chocolate. It's the perfect matte crease colour to accompany my MUA Heaven & Earth palette, which is all shimmery shades.


Garnier BB Cream.

Unsurprisingly (after my rave review last week) my BB cream is another huge favorite of mine. The colder weather is increasing the amount of redness in my skin (I hate cold weather!) and this BB cream helps cover that up, and provide an extra moisture layer to protect my skin too.



Barry M Foil Effect in Silver & China Glaze For Audrey

I think I am in love with these two polishes, they are both simply beautiful. I have actually kept them both on my desk since I got them, just so I can look at them all the time. Call me crazy, I don't care! Can you guess what my next NOTD might be? (aside from my 52 week challenge post tomorrow)

I have a few non-make up favorites too:




I have really long hair (that is in fact long overdue for a snip) and although I love wearing it down- as it looks quite flat and boring when up- the windy weather tends to turn it into a windswept mess, so I've been getting creative with various clips and grips recently; they help to keep my hair under some kind of control!

As much as I hate the cold weather that autumn brings, I can't deny that it's a pretty season- I took these pictures in my garden on Friday:






 There are about 3 squirrels that are always in the garden- they're so fun (and cute) to watch; they're always chasing each other and (annoyingly) digging holes all over the lawn and in my plant pots!



I started watching Dexter about a month ago (I have no idea why I didn't start watching it years ago!) and I'm totally addicted- I'm already on to season 5! Now I finally understand what all the fuss is about (and why Dexter themed nails are so popular! I may have to try them myself now!)




I've also gotten back into playing Sims- my sister has almost all of the expansions loaded on my computer- but for ages neither of us played it; one random day last week I decided to play again and I'm now a little addicted...

Thankfully I don't have anything for a currently loathing list! :)

What are your current favorites?


                                                                                                             xGretalRabbitx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)