Thursday 9 February 2012

Review: e.l.f. Mineral Lipsticks :)

For some reason I've never posted an actual review on these lovely lipsticks, despite them making it into many favourites post, and being well loved since before I even started this blog... So I think it's about time I did- they deserve it!

The e.l.f. Mineral Lipsticks are sold on the e.l.f. website for £3.50- a total bargain considering how brilliant they are :) The formula contains jojoba seed oil and coconut oil as the first ingredients, and also has Shae butter and olive oil- lots of lovely ingredients that make the lipsticks really smooth and moisturising (more so than some 'lip balms' I have). I really recommend these for people who (like me) suffer from constantly dry lips- these look and feel lovely even when my lips are in horrible condition.




Packaging wise they are also brilliant, the sleek square tubes are pretty, and most importantly- it is very practical. The lipstick does twist all the way down to below the edge of the tube (avoiding the problems of the e.l.f. Regular Line Lipsticks) and the lid clicks on firmly :)

I have 4 shades: Natural Nymph, Nicely Nude, Party Pink and Ripe Rose. Unfortunately Natural Nymph really does not suit me- it gives me a terrible 'concealer-lips' look- I look like a corpse! But I'm sure it would suit other skin tones. The other three shades I absolutely love- Nicely Nude is a slightly sheer, creamy pale pink, a lovely everyday shade for me :) Party Pink is a brighter, deeper pink and is a good day and night shade- possibly my favourite of the three. And Ripe Rose is a lovely deep rosy pink shade I particularly love this in winter!



 Natural Nymph, Nicely Nude, Party Pink and Ripe Rose



I don't find them to be particularly long lasting, but they fade in a nice, even way- and I don't mind very much as nothing tends to last well on my lips (they suck up all the moisture like no body's business) and the formula is so lovely that I quite like reapplying!

I really love these- and they are worth the extra cost when compared the the e.l.f. regular line lipsticks. There are now even more shades to choose from- I may have to purchase some more... they are well worth a look :)


Do you have any mineral lipsticks? What do you think?



                                                                                                         xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. Party Pink is the one I might give a go next :) Love these lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you should it's a great colour :) Me too!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. My favorite is Nicely Nude. I use this almost everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's a lovely colour for everyday isn't it :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)