Saturday 24 March 2012

My Make Up Storage :)

I realised today that despite showing you my nail polish storage (several times, as it keeps growing!) and my jewellery storage, I've not actually posted about how I store my make up- and I thought it was about time I changed that!

This will not be a collection post (if it were this post would get stupidly long...) but I may do more collecion posts soon (let me know what you'd like to see!) If you're interested, here is my blush collection and lip balm collection :)

I store  most of my make up on top of my chest of drawers, and the rest in the top drawer of the tower I store my nail polish in, and a CD rack! I've decorated and re-used several e.l.f. boxes as well as a couple of small Ikea boxes and some old mugs- much as I'd love nice new drawers, they are expensive and the method I have now works really well for me :)




I think I'll go from left to right, so first up is something you can't actually see in the above picture- I have a CD rack attached the bottom of a shelf which holds my MUA and Sleek palettes (a long time ago the rack actually held CDs, but I don't really have any anymore!)




On top of my purple drawer tower I have a two old graze boxes with my lipsticks and lip glosses, as well as an Ikea basket with some random bits and pieces (including make up wipes and my kabuki brush) and cotton buds.




The top drawer of the purple tower is mainly devoted to face products (blush, bronzer, powders) as well as some other bits like old eyeshadow palettes (I should probably throw them away....) and eyelashes. The small boxes with lids are from Ikea and they're awesome for storage, I used them at uni for stationary; they stack too :)




The chest of drawers is home to most of my make up- on the left there are two large e.l.f. boxes; one containing single eye shadows and small palettes, and one containing lip balms, plus a smaller box that I keep lots of regularly used products- such as eyelash curlers, single eye shadows I love and my favourite blushes and lip products of the moment :)








And on the right of the chest there are various things; baby shampoo (I use it to clean my brushes) cotton wool, my e.l.f. Cream Eyeliners, a mug of brushes, a mug of eyeliners and a plastic cup of frequently used items, like mascara, eyeliner and concealers. The mugs I've use are old and cracked, but I just couldn't bear to part with them, especially the Rainbows one, I got that nearly 18 years ago! So I put them to good use holding my make up items :) I also have an old cotton bud pot to keep my olive oil, BB cream, primer and toner together.




How do you store your make up?



.                                                                                                          xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. I like this, reminds me of my collection until a few weeks back when I got too creative for my boots. I like the cupcake pattern too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, no such thing as too creative! :) Thanks, it's actually wrapping paper (possibly from Primark a few years ago)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. I have that wrapping paper! I really like the idea of using wrapping paper to decorate storage boxes and stuff! :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha awesome! Yeah it's quite a fun way to decorate- and you can use up random small bits that aren't big enough to wrap things any more! :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)