Friday 30 March 2012

(my sisters) Nail of the Day: Nude Nails with a Pink Sparkly Gradient!

We have a family wedding tomorrow (hence the frantic dress buying I've mentioned in a couple of posts) and naturally for my sister and I, our nails (both fingers and toes) have been planned out and painted to match our outfits perfectly :)

I haven't painted my nails yet (a job for this evening- I'll be sure to take pictures and show you at some point!) but Amy has, so I thought I'd share her nails with you- they're really pretty!


Amy is wearing a creamy coloured dress with pink, blue and green bits in a peacockish pattern, along with nude coloured shoes (yay they fit me too!) She wanted nude nails with some kind of pink accent on her fingers! I taught her how to do a glitter gradient, and this is what she came up with:







I think it's pretty good for a first time, on her thumb the glitter stops in a bit of a straight line, but aside from that it's really pretty :) Amy used No7 So Simple as a base, then added layers of Wet n Wild Sparked as the glitter gradient shade.


No7 So Simple, Wet n Wild Sparked


On her toes she also has So Simple, but added a coat of Collection 2000 Sparkle Top Coat- it's subtle, but it looks really pretty peeking out of her peep-toe shoes!

Do you like to match your nails to your outfit?



                                                                                                         xGretalRabbitx



p.s. I'm feeling quite a bit better today, I've slept a lot and I'm still dosed up on paracetamol, throat lozenges and lots of cold water- fingers crossed I'll be fine for the wedding tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh they look really pretty! I did a nude > glitter gradient for my mom tonight, but way more subtle. She usually hates glitter so it's just the tiniest bit of frosting on the tips dragged down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Aww lovely, is she a texture-phobe like me?
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)