Sunday 1 April 2012

Yes, yet more nail polish.... A Models Own Haul!

I'm in the process of arranging a (somewhat epic) swap with Pryanka (it started off with me just wanting Revlon Whimsical, and now we're getting each other about 7 polishes!) and she asked for the three new Models Own Beetle Juice polishes and Snow White... This meant that I had to make an online order- and naturally I decided I should could pick up a few polishes for myself too- a couple of which I've been thinking about getting for a long time (but couldn't justify paying p&p for one polish!) - overall I managed to get a £10 discount as I took advantage of the buy 5 save £7 and the buy 3 save £3 (making each polish about £4 with shipping) :) And best of all; I placed my order on Tuesday morning and it arrived on Thursday- yay for Models Own!

Anyway, that's quite enough of my rambling, lets see the lovely polishes!


Aqua Violet, Indian Ocean, Purple Haze, Juicy Jules


I got one of the 'old' Beetle Juice Collection- Aqua Violet, and one from the newer collection- Indian Ocean, as well as two awesome glitters; a full on purple glitter (Purple Haze) and a stunning silver holographic glitter (Juicy Jules) I really love all 4 polishes, and I'm so glad I got them :) I've already worn Juicy Jules (I might post my NOTD later on today) and I've also swatched them onto my nail wheels (which are now in need of a rearrangement, I really have too many polishes! *oops*) take a look:


Juicy Jules, Purple Haze, Aqua Violet, Indian Ocean, Aqua Violet over e.l.f. Black

I'm not sure you can tell how holographic this glitter is,
but it is so sparkly and awesome!


I used 3 coats of each polish- Indian Ocean is surprisingly opaque and would be wearable alone, though it looks simply stunning over a pale blue shade. When my order arrived I was still wearing (matte) Beth's Blue on my thumb from last weeks 52 week challenge NOTD so I popped a coat of Indian Ocean over the top (it was awesome!) and I'm now really annoyed that I forgot to photograph it because it was a brilliant colour combination!

You can't really tell in the pictures, but in person Aqua Violet does look quite a bit more vibrant with black 'underwear'- it's opaque with 3 coats alone, but the colours appear more dull than the swatch of just 1 coat over the black. It could just be the clear nail wheels though, I'll give it a try on my actual nails soon :)

Like a lot of glitter polishes these two smell rather strongly (I'm guessing it's because the formula has to be thicker to hold the glitter, requiring more stinky chemicals) but they are so pretty I don't mind. (Just ensure you're in a well-ventilated room!)


Have you been tempted by any of the new Beetle Juice polishes? Made any polish purchases recently?



                                                                                                        xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. Indian Ocean looks so gorgeous!! I've been hunting down pale blue underwear for it haha...I think I've settled on Essie's Borrowed and Blue for now, but it isn't quite perfect yet.

    I'm so excited for our swap - The China Glaze polishes came in on Friday!! I'm home for the weekend but once I'm back in the city, I'll be setting up a post of my own to rave about them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!!! :) It might work nicely with Snow White actually - you can play around when you get them!

      Me too! Ooh yay, I look forward to seeing them :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. Wow I love your colour choices, they're all so pretty :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so too- I'm really in love with them all (not enough nails to paint them all on!!!)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)