Sunday 1 July 2012

Tag: The £20 Make Up Challenge!

I've seen this around quite a bit recently and I thought it would be a fun little tag to do :) I know a lot of people seem kinda annoyed that us UK bloggers are doing the £20 not £13 challenge (the US version is $20, the equivalent of £13), but thanks to the higher price of everything here, £13 would be pretty darn hard!

Luckily for me I don't generally wear full face make up- I do love my Garnier BB Cream, but I don't feel the need to wear it everyday so I can omit that from my £20 limit. I do, however use pretty much everything else! So what did I pick?...




Right at the top is my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer- the most expensive product on my list at £4.19!- I use this to conceal redness and blemishes and my horrible undereye circles. Also fo rmy face is my Natural Collection blush in Peach Melba (Natural Collection products are 3 for £5) which I'll apply with my e.l.f. Bronzing Brush (£1.50)

I seem to have the most products for eye make up! I never ever wear eyeshadow without my e.l.f. Eyelid Primer (£1.50) and then I have a Natural Collection Duo Eyeshadow in Mink/Sable- I use the lighter shade all over the lid, and the darker shade in the crease :) I know it's not ideal, but for the purpose of the challenge I'll have to make do with just one eyeshadow brush- the e.l.f. Eye Shadow Brush (£1.50)

I also 'splurged' a little on my eyeliner- I can't get along with liquid liner and I don't like the effects of pencil liner, so e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner in Coffee is a necessity for me! (at £3.50 though since I purchased mine the price has gone up to £3.75) I may have cheated a little bit with my mascara choice, because although Benefit is rather expensive, I got the sample for just £2 in last months Glamour magazine. (that counts right?)

Last but not least is a lipstick to finish it all off- Natural Collection Rose Petal :)


So, what's the total?

Concealer                                  £4.19
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer                      £1.50
e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner                   £3.50
2 x e.l.f. brushes                         £3
3 x Natural collection products   £5
Benefit Macara sample              £2

TOTAL:                                   £19.19


Not too bad really! In 'real life' I would pick my new e.l.f. Studio brush for my blush, but aside from that I genuinely love all of these products and items, and use them all on a regular basis regardless of challenge price restraints! I would find it really really hard if I needed to include a face product like my BB Cream (well done to those who've managed it!)
I tag everyone to decide what their £20 face would be like- if you post one let me know, I'd love to see!



                                                                                              xGretalRabbitx

2 comments:

  1. I want to see the final look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, perhaps I'll have to do this tag again sometime then :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)