Saturday 8 September 2012

Challenge week 49: Autumn!

Once again, I am very very late with this post- but I guess it's better late than never, right? I am rather sad that autumn is upon us- as much as the colours are pretty, and it's more socially acceptable to drink hot chocolate stay in (plus, close to Christmas!)  you may remember that I absolutely despise cold weather! Thankfully England has been quite warm this September so far, but I know that cold weather (bringing dry skin, numb hands and a very unhappy body) cannot be too far away.

Nevertheless, I must celebrate a new season by putting it on my nails! And for once I knew exactly what I wanted to do- I've not done a sponge gradient since I did Gradient Nails in week 3- and I thought it would work really well with some pretty autumnal colours :)










I suppose you could argue that it's a little sunset-like, but I don't really care! I thought about stamping some leaves over the top (to make it more autumnal) but I liked it as it was.


Models Own Pro Clementine, Avon Sahara Sun, No7 I'm Exquisite and e.l.f. Blush


First I used 2 coats of Models Own Clementine as a base, followed by a coat of Avon Sahara Sun (a really really old polish) to add shimmer and depth to the colour. Then I sponged No7 I'm Exquisite over about 1/2 to 2/3 of my nail, and sponged e.l.f. Blush over the top 1/4 :) I'm really happy with how they turned out and I should definitely do sponge gradients more often! (though I'm sure I say that about many nail art techniques!)


Are there any techniques you find yourself neglecting for no good reason?



                                                                                                               xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely gradient!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, I'm so glad it turned out well as it had been so long since I tried a gradient!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea - I don't know how you managed to make it look so good :) I'm awful at painting my nails haha

    I've tagged you in the beauty "Liebster Award" tag on my blog --> www.21standSerendipity.blogspot.com

    - Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, sponge gradients are actually pretty easy- you should give it a go!

      Thanks a lot!!!
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)